The classical guitar is a stringed instrument that has been around for hundreds of years. The instrument is very attractive to learn how to play, and it can be a great way to relax and spend some time with your loved ones. However, Classical guitar lessons are an excellent way to learn how to play this instrument, but you will need the right equipment before you begin. In this article, we will go through what you will need: classical guitar, music stand, footstool, guitar tuner, guitar books, and music theory books. Of course, before all, you will need a classical guitar teacher. Let’s start with
1. Classical Guitar Teacher
When you are a beginner and you want to learn guitar, the first thing that you need to do is find a good teacher. If you are not sure where to start, here are
5 Tips on how to find the right classical guitar teacher for yourself.
1) Ask your friends and family members who play guitar if they know of any good teachers in your area. If they don’t know any, ask them if they can recommend any online resources or websites that provide reviews of guitar teachers in your area.
2) Find out which teachers teach at local music stores or schools. Places like these often have staffs who work directly with the instructors, so they would be more knowledgeable about their skill sets than anyone else.
3) Go on YouTube and look up some videos of the teacher’s past lessons or performances; see if it matches what you are looking for.
4) If there is an upcoming concert or event that features your potential teacher do not hesitate to attend.
5) Attend trial lessons most classical guitar teachers give free trial lessons. that is the best way to get to know your potential teacher. Alternatively, you can contact me if you want to meet for a trial lesson.
2. Classical Guitar
This is one of the most important pieces of equipment that you will need. You need specifically classical guitar because you will be learning classical guitar. One of the best classical guitars for beginners that I can recommend is:
The tuner will help ensure that your guitar stays in tune as much as possible. So that your sound doesn’t become muddled when playing chords or single notes. The guitar tuner shouldn’t be very expensive. there are many options out there. But, the Joyo Guitar tuner which is around AED 30 is a great choice. In terms of price accuracy and functionality.
4. Music Stand
A music stand is a device that holds sheet music for the musician to play from. It is an essential accessory for any classical guitar student. The music stand holds music for the musician to read while playing. It has a joint in the middle of the stand so that it can be positioned at different angles. The best choice for beginners is a foldable music stand. It is affordable and doesn’t take up a lot of space once folded. After you finish practicing your guitar you can fold it and store it somewhere until next time.
A good option for a music stand is:
5. Books and Instructional Material for Learning Guitar
The classical guitar method books are the best place to start for beginners. They teach the basics of guitar playing and music theory in a systematic way. Music theory books are important too. They help you know more about the music that you are playing and how it is constructed. Your guitar teacher will guide you best on what guitar books and music theory books you will need for your guitar lessons. However, one of the evergreen books for beginners is Paul Henry’s
I hope this article has given you a better understanding of what you will need to start your classical guitar lessons. If you are looking for someone to teach you, I would be happy to help.